• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need PCI capture card advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caincha

Hi there.
I want advice on a very cheap yet very good capture card.
I have a AIW 7500 but am about to change it for a 9800pro and I think I wont go w/ a AIW 9800 because of its price.
So I want a capture card that is a bit bether than my AIW 7500 (maybe a lot bether if I can afford it :p), one that I wont have to change when I upgrade next time.
No TV tunner, only s-vhs capture card is good enough.
Any thoughts...?

Well I just got the hdtv wonder by ati and it works great if you can get it up and running!!!

I would try the basic wonder card as it is cheap but the remote is nice too.

Do you have cable/direct tv and want pvr for them?

i'd buy the HD wonder only from a store with a return policy. i bought it and could only get one or two channels clearly with the included antenna. also, i'm not sure how much of a video capture card it really was...

i've got a Winfast and it's good for regular stuff, but happauge makes some higer quality stuff that may be worth considering.

I don't know if what you sugested is what I want...
I want something to use in my PC, something that I can plug in my VCR, TV, etc and then record it to my computer.
And that's why I want something that offers high quality at low costs... :cool:

el said:
Well I just got the hdtv wonder by ati and it works great if you can get it up and running!!!

I would try the basic wonder card as it is cheap but the remote is nice too.

Do you have cable/direct tv and want pvr for them?

Can i get a hand getting it up in running in the other section,, lol

Back