• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which route should I take...high HTT or Mulitplier?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TitaniumZX

Registered
Just got a Winchester 3000+ dated 0449 and it will clock to about 2660 MHz, Prime stable. It will do 295 X 9 = 2655MHz or 332 X 8 = 2659Mhz but I see no difference in my SuperPI time. My question is which setting is better and why? Thanks.

oc1.jpg

Looks like you're using a 150 divider with the 8x, resulting in 240MHz memory speed. If you're using the 166 with 9x, you'd get exactly the same. HTT speed is not relevant to performance. It's literally just a number; does not carry any data whatsoever.

Welcome to the forums btw, and nice clocks. :thup:

So I'm better off running 295 X 9 with 5:6 memory divider...less stress on the motherboard and stuff? Also, is the load temperature high at 58*C? Thanks for the quick response.

It doesn't really matter which one you run, that's the flat answer. 58 C is on the high side. Make sure you did a good job applying your TIM. I wouldn't expect those sorts of temperatures with an XP90.

Which route should I take

I t entirely depends on what you do with your system. Having the lower multiplier will make all of your devices faster but as listed earlier it will produce extra heat and possible stability issues. If you just want bragging rights use the higher multiplier this way it impacts the cpu more instead of everything....
Cheers

Back