• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

221 Fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SmokinR6

This is as high as i can go on my sytem...see sig. Is there a way to get it a little higher. I felt that I could achieve at least a 400mhz jump...but i guess not. Id like to add that the memory is a single 1Gig stick....uuuuugh.

Last time I touched my ram timings I couldn't boot...and got windows error messages after i cleard the bios, wound up reinstalling windows so ummmm Ram timings and me don't mix well. As for the voltage...My board (as i see it) comes with the highest setting as default...1.55...i have no option to go higher.

What about your vdimm, did you try raising it. What kind of ram is this and what timming is it supposed to be running? If your still stuck use a divider to lower the mem so you can at least get a higher clock speed.

Havent tried raising the voltage yet...I have raised the AGP to 2.75 Me thinks....It's Value ram (for now) corsair pc3200 ddr400. I know i should be using 2 512 sticks and would be faster and better but im stuck with this for now.

I don't think you raised the agp, since it's default voltage is 1.5v while ram is 2.5- 2.6 depending on ram stick, try a divider at least you'll have a higher clockspeed.

What CPU is it a NewCastle (512KB L2) or a ClawHammer (1MB L2)?
If its a NC, then your multiplier is x12, and 221x12 is 2.65GHz which at 1.55v is a very impressive overclock. I'm pretty sure you're at your chip's limit. If you want to get a higher HTT speed, lower the multiplier and increase the HTT...

Coolest
It is a NewCastle 512 And yes 2.65 is what I can do without problems...anything more and I get an immediate reboot...So I guess I should be happy witth the OC. Also I don't see that my bios supports changing the Multiplier from 12.

Back