• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant get 3 sticks of ram running on vnf3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
ive tried countless times but havent tried everything yet.
i have the chaintech vnf3-250 and want 3x512 running but it posts but stops and locks there.
ive tried several types of sticks as i thought may be a incompatbility on thier end.
i have 2x512 ocz UTT and 1x512 pqi tccd

anyone have sucsess in running 3 sticks on this mobo?i pm'd the guy i bought it from as he said he was able to get it running 3x512 so i think im just doing something worng.

Have you tried rearranging the ram, upgrading the bios, or manually underclocking the ram?

checked manual and im fscd!
yeh i also tried switching modules around.
it also wont allow dimm 1 and 3 together and puts the memory down to 100fsb when in slots 2+3

im rather getting irritated by this mobo,luckily its cheap but the sata ports suck and now this.
ive read the dfi 754 version is better? and does allow 3 dimms.
but if im buying a new mobo i might as well pop for a cpu too :)

id prefer 4 dimm slots so i think ill need to look at nf4 mobos.

the problem with the dimms have nothing to do with the mobo.. it has to do with problems with the 754 mem controller...
the only thing i can think of is making sure you have a single sided dimm in slot 2
actually if you read the manual it says that thing about DIMM2... try that...

i <3 this mobo... it's cheap and OCed my 2800 to 2.6ghz

g0dM@n said:
Do you REALLY need more than 2x512? I never do.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Unless you using CAD or something it's not necessary to have more than 1gb. Put 2 sticks in an OC them. Should be all you need and then some.

no i dont need 1.5gb i actually need 2gb! :)
i use ram disk and want large amount of ram and use it for swap file.i also use photoshop alot and mutli task like mad.

it only says in the manual if i use 3 dimms the one in slot 3 needs to be single sided.

i think ill just buy a new 939 setup.

deathstar13 said:
no i dont need 1.5gb i actually need 2gb! :)
i use ram disk and want large amount of ram and use it for swap file.i also use photoshop alot and mutli task like mad.

it only says in the manual if i use 3 dimms the one in slot 3 needs to be single sided.

i think ill just buy a new 939 setup.
Yeah, I've mentioned before that if you do serious photoshop then you'll need more than 1gb... crazy, isn't it... to think that you would need more than 1gb of ram, hehe.

I remember having 16megs of ram on my first PERSONAL pc (I know it says personal twice, but it really was my first PERSONAL one --unshared) Compaq and I was excited to up it to 32megs. That thing was a mere 133mhz cpu power! lol

Back