• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frustrated: please help with wireless

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Odie812

Hey all,

I have a 9300 with the Intel 2915 a/b/g card. I'm trying to connect the laptop to my home wireless router, a D-Link DI-624. I am able to connect to the router via wireless, and my taskbar says that I am connected with "excellent" signal. However, when I go to browse/AIM/do anything, I don't get any activity. The router is also hardwired to my desktop.

I have manually entered all IP and DNS information into both the laptop and the router, and still nothing. I also tried disabling WEP, but it did not help. I have the most recent firmware for the router.

What am I missing? Please help.

Odie

Try uninstalling, then re-installing everything, also windows xp has a 'zero configuration utility' that will conflict with any and all utility software that you may have installed, from the manufacturer.

I got it working. To be honest, I'm not sure what I did, but your advice helped. I sort of wiped everything in the ipconfig and started from scratch. I think software firewalls were playing badly too. In any case... nice and strong now

Thanks for the help.

Back