• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tell Me what YOU would buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
of the three, the LE sticks are best for getting over 300FSB..... I'd go with those for sure.

LE, 2.5-3-3-7 is way better then 2.5-4-4-8. you might wanna check out the gskills UTT stuff, you are getting the DFI mobo, which gives you the luxury of the 4.0v vdimm, meaning you can juice up any utt/bh-5/ch-5.

autolex84 said:
what UTT would you guys suggest in that price range?

If you want the best UTT go with Mushkin's new "Redline" or OCZ Gold VX PC-4000. If you want to take a chance, buy some OCZ "Value VX" for $100 bucks a gig. You could always buy 2 sets and test for the best 2 sticks, they're likely to hit ~250 @ 2-2-2-* at a minimum. They are just untested VX memory modules. I just got myself a good set of VX and although it clocks great, i won't run it daily due to heat production. Just can't beat 300HTT @ 2.7v

mushkins redline pc4000 is the way to go imo, ocz's vx pc-4000 is great, but the max clocks are usually 264-5 2-2-2-5 and redline usually gets 275 2-2-2-5. also, you could gamble like sucka said and get some twinmos speed premiums for 110 bucks a gig adn test out the best set. if you go with utt, you will NEED, not an option, NEED to actively cool that ram.

I have the LD's and they are nice. they do 285 plus at the rated timings but my CPU fails prime at those speeds. They WILL pass memtest though.

I got 4 sticks of these recently

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146890

They perform better than the LDs and equivalent (better) to the LE's ratings for me(YMMV). They will do 275 at 2.5-3-3-6 at 2.75 volts no prob. 285 is unstable in windows still, but that is my CPU holding me back (3.4 prescott 478).

I say at the price these are selling at this is probably the least expensive high quality TCCD around. The price is obscene! It was like 280.00 when I bought my GSkillz for like 255 or something a few months ago. Now it is 185!

Shane

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
mushkins redline pc4000 is the way to go imo, ocz's vx pc-4000 is great, but the max clocks are usually 264-5 2-2-2-5 and redline usually gets 275 2-2-2-5. also, you could gamble like sucka said and get some twinmos speed premiums for 110 bucks a gig adn test out the best set. if you go with utt, you will NEED, not an option, NEED to actively cool that ram.

There are like 5 results online, all of which are top notch clockers and you consider that normal for Redlines?!?!?! I'm sorry, they seem great, but to say 275 is normal is just insane!!!!!! Plz back that up with typical results....

thanks guys! I will be buying a set of them (the LE versions) this Friday guys, thanks for the advice. dang thats almost $300 on Memory!

You'll be very happy with them i am sure. I really wish i bought some TCCD instead of UTT. I hate the fact of running 3.5v normally... Wish i could hit 300fsb with 2.7v lol

Back