• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-55 San Diego

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wonder how they scale. Probably not any better than San Diego 4000+ and probably worth the wait for FX-57. Good find though.

heck i just bought the 130nm clawhammer fx 55 . these things have so much power i went from a 754 3700 Claw oc to 2.6,the fx shredds it in my opinion. Having Pci and agp locks help. I've got it running at 2.8 at 1.5 volts no problem. i just ordered 2 gb of corsair pc3200 xms so i'm set for a whilw with this bad boy! The San Diego should do ok. I shoul have gotten the fx cpu from the get go! :)

IWasHungry said:
Yeah, FX series is pretty much a way to throw your money out the window. :santa:

/sarcasm

And i was sitting at 3.2GHz last Oct, what a waste of money...

/end sarcasm

LoneWolf121188 said:
Well, you DO have a Mach II, I'm sure you could hit 3.2GHz with a 4000 or something.

Point was, no AMD's were hitting those clocks last Oct when i got the FX-55, i would hardly say it is a waste of money.

Sentential said:
Id say it doesnt scale well. They were SUPPOSED to release the FX57 first :X
More urban myths - told you since February this was on the way. Your negativity on all things AMD is really quite monotonous.

Last edited:
amd may indeed be having some yield issues that will slowly work in time. They are speed binning alot now so naturally the higher bins overclock more. Fx57 looks to be the last s939 cpu amd is gonna release :( but its those that we may see 3GHz on air be common and 3.5GHz plus on phase change

Mate,

I don't understand how AMD could have yeild issues if their new\expanded fab is up and running. We must understand that not all CPU's are made equal. You may have been a bit unlucky. I have seen quite a few encouraging results. In fact this prompted me to place an order for a 3200 Venice from Monarch, yesterday.

Saints 26 said:
heck i just bought the 130nm clawhammer fx 55 . these things have so much power i went from a 754 3700 Claw oc to 2.6,the fx shredds it in my opinion. Having Pci and agp locks help. I've got it running at 2.8 at 1.5 volts no problem. i just ordered 2 gb of corsair pc3200 xms so i'm set for a whilw with this bad boy! The San Diego should do ok. I shoul have gotten the fx cpu from the get go! :)

I wonder what it shreds it in? Loading window folders in explorer?
LOL

id say the 'yields' are pretty good. cant speak for fx's (havent been following up, hehe), but for SD's, 2.7GHZ (low end) to 2.9GHZ (high end) attainable on air/water, on average. the odds are much better then the winchester days (for a 90nm part that is affordable) of getting a substantial overclock.

but yea, not all cpu's & boards are made alike.

Back