• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to get program to block PIII id?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Propilot

The new bios for the BE6 v2.0 does not have the option to turn of the processor id.
Wonder why the earlier version did?
Anybody know where I can get the program? I heard Intel has a free one but i have not found it.
Thanks

it may be disabled by default, check sandra i believe they tell you if your id is on or not....

bx133-RAID too

it is enabled !!!
and in my latest bios this option isn't there anymore.
If someone know where the hell that progy is I need it too.

The id is unique identifying number that Intel put into each P/// processor, meant to increase security for online shopping. Most people don't really realize just how little it actually does, as those who want information about who they are are going to get much more when they use your IP, which is also easily accessible, and has more information tied to it.

I'm pretty sure Intel has a program on their site that will turn it off for you. Not sure where, though.

Re: bx133-RAID too

F0 said:
it is enabled !!!
and in my latest bios this option isn't there anymore.
If someone know where the hell that progy is I need it too.

Why is it enabled and that option removed in the newer Abit bios?
If I was a paranoid person, I'd say it was a conspiracy! ;)

I've been told by several people that Intel came out with a program to disable it because of the concern. (probably afraid of losing sales)
But where is it?

Back