• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64 vs. A64-FX? Any difference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcw122

Whats the difference between normal A64's and their FX series? I've never heard of anything special about them except their unlocked multipliers and stuff...anyone know what the heck is so different bout these things that they get to be called FX? TIA

The FX has 1mb cache and is unlocked both above stock and below stock multi. Some A64's have 1mb but are locked above the stock multi, the rest are 512kb cache and locked below the stock multi.

the FX costs as much as a budget computer system....the A64 does not. =)

hell, the worthless P4EEs cost as much as a decent midrange system.

The FX cpu kick arse. I mjust got my fx 55 and zipped it to 2.8 no ploblem I'm sure there alot more room the 2.8 is with the stock hs and fan! I had a 3700 claw 754 at 2.6 with the thermaltake tornado no comparison!

FX has fully unlocked multi. Is clocked higher that any other A64. It also has the best memory controller of an A64. It will also scale better than most other A64's. I had mine sitting at 3200MHz stable last Oct, name one other A64 that could do that back then...

Back