• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Msi K8n Neo4-f Good Or Bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adriana

i am planning build a new computer and i was wondering if the neo4-f is good or not? anyone who has this mobo have any problem?i won't overclock and my system is more of a budget system. this is what i am planning to get so far. i also wanted to know if the mobo is a 20 pin or 24 pin? and do they work with venice yet?

msi k8n neo4-f
corsair VS 2x512 VS1GB400
WD 800JD SATA
1.8 3000+ Venice amd 64
Rosewill Tu-155 (has anyone have this case before? how many pin are their 400w power supply?)
Graphic card- (any suggestion on a graphic card thats good but under 130$)
and also if i do get a new power supply, what a good one that is under 60 dollars?

i need all the help i can get thank you!!!

I don't have that board, so it's just to say welcome ( :welcome: )
You have the same name of my brother and father (They're both Adriano) :D

I have the board, it's a good board for the buck (no problems at all @ stock speeds) but it suffers from the same 220HTT problem that the other Neos do. Hopefully a Venice core A64 will solve the problem :)

MidnightCowboy said:
I have the board, it's a good board for the buck (no problems at all @ stock speeds) but it suffers from the same 220HTT problem that the other Neos do. Hopefully a Venice core A64 will solve the problem :)

No issue if you are running a newcastle though as I am on an SLI Platinum Ne0 4 board with a 3500

Im running HTT at 239 on a 3000+ Venice with 4x512mb Ram.

CPU CLock 2151
DDR Clock 199
FSB 239
HT 4x
1.497 volts

Ram at 2-3-2-10 Twinmos SP at 2.85V

Having trouble getting over 240FSB, any advice would be nice. This is with the new 1.4 BIOS from MSI's site.

Nate

Last edited:
seems the be the Winchester CBBID bug effecting other 0.09 process cpu's. Get a Clawhammer or Newcastle and it will go much higher.

Back