• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need doom 3 screenshots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To be honest, Ultra High quality is no different that High quality (visually). The difference is the compression. Ultra High quality textures are uncompressed, thus requiring more than 256mb frame buffer. The lack fo compression supposedly results in smoother framerates as less work is being done as there is no need to decompress them. I had heard that the only way to see the difference in the texture quality is to take identical screenshots using both quality settings and zooming in 300% or higher with a photo editing app. I have tried this and I saw only the slightest difference. My guess is that the textures are identical in both setting however the compression results in a slight loss of quality when set to High quality. Some people will swear that Ultra Quality makes a noticeable difference but this simply isn't true.

-Fb

Back