• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any way to force core 82/65?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

Right now i'm testing for stability (again) and it seems that if anything can make it unstable, it's FAH.

Usually core 78 and such are fine but when I use core 82 she will crash. I want to test it but can't seem to get it to download something to use the core 82 with.

Is there anywhere I can download some started work that uses core 82/65?

I don't know about a core 82 wu, but getting a Tinker (core 65) should be no problem at all. Just download the Google toolbar for IE and then install Google Compute. Then go into registry and find "GoogleFah" (without the quotes) and change the team number to 32 and the username to your folding name. Using the google toolbar is a guarranteed way to get Tinker work.

Changing to client type 2 (Genome@Home) also guarantees a Tinker. In my experience, computers are far more likely to reveal instabilities on the Gromacs core running big WUs than on Tinker or Amber cores.

Back