• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guild wars ranger bows?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To get to fissure or UW you need to get to temple of ages. When the server ur on have the favor of the gods, kneel at the statue and pay the avatar 1k to get in. No henchies can enter.

Looking forward to running these instances w/ my E/Me and/or R/Mo.

secretweapon: Think you and/or any of your guild-mates would mind running that with me when you have the time, and I've gotten to that point in the game??? For some reason, I don't like the prospect of running with random players... they can tend toward idiocy at times. ;)

Yep, as secretweapon stated, they are just bows. Bows have a max damage range of 15-28. I have a shortbow that is 15-28 and a stormbow. Same thing except for the graphics and what the sell back cost is to vendors.

While you can get them in the Fissure of Woe and the Underworld, you can also get them in Lornars pass and Snakes Way. Least I have picked up a fell blade and stormbow and chaos axe from there. The first time I saw a shadow staff or shadow shield was in the fissure though so there is still specific items that only drop in those 2 zones. Not to mention the really rare crafting material for the 15K armor pieces sold in Granite Citadel. Not that the armor stat wise is better then what is sold in Droknar's Forge for 1.5K it just has a different look for the same pieces. It's all about style.

Sweet, sounds great! Man, I was getting annoyed yesterday. I was having a hell of a time getting to Picken Square w/ my R/Mo. The henchies were bugging out on me during fights. It kind of sucks that you have to resort to lvl 3 henchies to fight the masses of lvl 5-8 charr around there... I'd be calling targets to my henchmen, but they wouldn't move. My pet, and the figher henchman would just stand there while the mage and healer got killed. I'd consistently use ctrl+click to call my targets, but it was just buggy as hell, and I'd get overwhelmed quickly. No good. lol

I'll try later on tonight to get my wussy little ranger over to Picken Square so at least I can get some lvl 6 henchies to party up with. ;)

If you want a reliable way to call targets, use the TAB key to get a target first. Then hold CRTL and double click on the red NAME/HEALTH box that appears at the very top of the screen. If you do a called shot your character will say in group "I'm attacking Soandso!" There will also be a little "target" symbol to the elft of your name in the party window.

Once a target is called, it will stay called for 30 seconds or until you change targets. The npcs sometimes takes a second or two before rushing after the target due to lag and pathing checks. Just remember to tap the backwards key to not run forward and attack first if that is not what you want to do. If you do want to rush in with he henchies then by all means go for it.

^^^

Thanks! I'll give that a shot. I was just ctrl+clicking on the actual target. It seemed to work pretty well at first... but it got a little buggy later on. Shortly after that, I started getting some serious lag (first time I've experienced terrible lag and/or disconnects, unlike WoW :p).

-=[edit]=-

Also, back to the bows... My R/Mo is only lvl 11. He's got a pretty decent purple 11-19 dmg longbow. I'd like to get my hands on a short or halfmoon bow for the faster r.o.f. Do those tend to drop later on in the game, or have lower damage output than the long or recurve bows??? The short bows I've seen have always been pretty low dmg.

Last edited:
DocGiggs said:
Yep, as secretweapon stated, they are just bows. Bows have a max damage range of 15-28. I have a shortbow that is 15-28 and a stormbow. Same thing except for the graphics and what the sell back cost is to vendors.

While you can get them in the Fissure of Woe and the Underworld, you can also get them in Lornars pass and Snakes Way. Least I have picked up a fell blade and stormbow and chaos axe from there. The first time I saw a shadow staff or shadow shield was in the fissure though so there is still specific items that only drop in those 2 zones. Not to mention the really rare crafting material for the 15K armor pieces sold in Granite Citadel. Not that the armor stat wise is better then what is sold in Droknar's Forge for 1.5K it just has a different look for the same pieces. It's all about style.

Really? I thought eternal items like ghostly staff/storm bow/eternal bow only drop in underworld and only in that specific area where the smite scarabs are. I found plenty of fiery dragons in the mountians but never any fellblades or any other fissure/uw items. Rightnow I'm just trying to get enough ectoplasm for my armor in fissure -_-

there are also different rate of firing as in aspd

and also range of how far u can shoot

the longest ive seen is 100 ft and shortest is 65 ft

Oh man!!! There are so many places to go, i dont know where lol. I at the fire islands but thats just going through the missions and whatnot. Time to start exploring!!

Yep, grabbed a fiery dragon sword, felblade, chaos axe, and stormbow all from drops on the run from Beacon's Perch to Camp Rankor. Not sure if more then that drops which drops in the Fissure and Underworld. Those I know for certain.

I didn't know about the different rate of fire and range between different bow types. Never tried measuring it because I just didn't get that far with my ranger before switching over to another character. After switching to a necro and getting past 20 and finding 15-28 bows, I merely passed one to the ranger character I originally had and used that bow since. That is good info to know then and makes perfect sense.

Yep, the short and halfmoon bows have a shorter range, but a faster r.o.f. Since they are shorter range, their arrows also have a shorter flight time. I'm really looking for a good max-dmg short bow, now that I've got some decent spammable skills with my R/Mo. Hunter's Shot and Distracting Shot are coming in very handy for me... so if you guys find any nice higher level bows that you're willing to sell for a decent price, hit me up online. Palin Maclean or Dantrag Dolinell. Thanks! :D

secretweapon said:
What lvl is ur ranger now?

My R/Mo is lvl 12 right now. I'm wanting to get him a higher dmg bow with a good r.o.f. so I can at least dish out a little bit better dps. He still feels gimpy to me in pve. I've seen ppl posting over @ guildwarsguru.com that their ranger's are doing btwn 30-50 dmg with their bows. I'm not sure if that's w/o using a skill like Hunter's Shot or Power Shot or not. I'm only doing about 20-40'ish, and that's on the high side against mobs with lower armor ratings. :-/

Back