• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What should i do with 515$?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jack222

Well. I had to get rid of my phase-change, reasons. I am thinking i will build one. That will take all the cash. But is it worth it? Should i put it towards some other pc thing? I am not set on building a phase or having one but should i use the money for that? What other thing could i use for my computer? What are your thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks.

Ps-No useless crap, cases, monitors, gfx cards or modding stuff.

stikkeh to barney!!!1!1ONE

515...hmz...enough for a custom spraypaint barney-blingbling on the side of yer case

sorry, its late

you could always paypal me the $515 :)

anyway, are you saying you have phase-change but want to get rid of it and build your own? if so, is it going to be any better?

My phase was broken, had to send it back. Then i decided i could build my own instead. Is it really worth it since i cant possibly break any records with a 3000+...

Lol I would let someone experienced build it for you............saves you the time and effort and you won't be saving that much money honestly. The parts and regassing aren't exactly cheap.

But i want the experience, time, effort...if i do it. I learn, then i can build and sell them. It would be fun. From the looks of it, ill just build one.

jack222 said:
I can build one with tools <100. That leaves a lot for tools...
What?? With a decent compressor ect. I might not really know what im talking about, but from lurking extreme cooling it seems to be a lot more than that

Not if your over at XS. Lardarse buil;t one for <100. Cooled nicly. I can get tools second had etc. It isnt THAT much. Parts can be bought seocnd hand too.

For nice liquid, on a 3000+, you'd run ~50 for a waterblock, ~ 60 for a good pump, ~50-60 for a Peltier PSU, ~30-40 for a peltier, and ~ 20 for Tygon tubing. ~45-50 for a decent heatercore, and ~40 or so for fans. The peltier will provide sub zero temperatures.

I spent 80 dollars on a pump, heatercore, and block w/tubing for my Athlon XP, and it dropped load temps by nearly 12 degrees, and it's not an "incredible" block.

Thats all new, my above guesses were.

How about a server? I could host some stuff but would it be worth getting a small machince?

peltier cooling sucks in comparison with phase, eats up more power, is quite a pain in the butt, and the temps are much worse. you can get sub-zero on idle but not on load (at least with a normal pelt). you should really keep sandman's unit, phase rocks..

I mean, it was cool and all but is phase worth it. Its fun to mess around with but unless you got god hardware, your not going to break records.

Back