• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question? on oc'ing p1 233

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jwhitten

As a poor person i would like to oc my mmx 233 what does one souder or connect and such to do this or does one just use a program as you can see i am in the dark
THNX
Phil

wow, hope ya have a book for your mobo cause your changing some jumpers around,
first off i would see what the mobo is rated too, like my old 233 it maxed out at 233 so i could not oc if i wanted too, just look in your mobo manual and see what jumpers you need to change and then its a long and exciting journey of rebooting, checking to see if it will post, boot to windows, stability test, if it fails one of the tests BAM!! back to the begining to check and see if ya got enough cooling, voltage is right or if you just tried to oc it too high, good luck and hey welcome to the forums.

Jwhitten said:
As a poor person i would like to oc my mmx 233 what does one souder or connect and such to do this or does one just use a program as you can see i am in the dark
THNX
Phil

Mine 133 did 200mhz 100% stable. My friend got an 166mmx at 266mmx which beat a 380mhz amd k6s.... Try checking in bios and see if it has multipilere and fsb settings if not try checking if u find some jumpers on mobo. Also you shouldnt need upping the voltage on those cpus.

Also i have heard about ppl using a p1 266mmx on a newer socket7 mobo which allows 100mhz fsb which should give an great oc. Btw that dude managed 350mhz with an fop38 cooler.

Back