• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird rise in temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

$o_dope

Registered
Situation:

My cpu temp is 45c, and when im surfing the net using IE 5.5, sometimes I get disconnected from AOL (AO hell) for no apparent reason. When I get disconnected my cpu temp starts to increase up to 50c, and the system starts to hang. I dont know when I get disconnected because I am using IE, and I turned off those irratating AOL noises to inform me of signing off. I know when I get disconnected because the web pages start loading, but the screen shows nothing but the white background then my MM starts the alarm because I set the alarm at 50c.

Additional info:

My sound card and the modem both are sharing IRQ 10, I think this might be the problem.

Possible solutions I have not tried yet:

1. update to 4j bios
2. change modem slot to pci 6

changing modem slot wil not help - it will still be same IRQ, they are assigned at install, not from PCI.

And i dont think that is the issue anyways.

turn the ounds back on so you can tell when you get disconnected from AOL, then when you do just see what is running in task manager so you can see what is maybe interfearing with each other - it there are conflicts the cpu has to try and resolve them, the cpu laggs due to 100% load, in trying to fix the error, therefore heat rises

id say reslove what ever conflict that you have or maybe just delete AOL and reinstall

Back