• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got PSU for free

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joelkyr

Ived been searching for a good PSU this past few days and luck just came my way, my bro gave me his PSU, its a OCZ Modstream 520W. I check the specs on newegg and i think this would be a good replacement for my current PSU, I know this is free guys but i need your feedback on this PSU and all Forum members who have the same PSU. Would this be sufficient for my current RIG :) THANKS

heres the link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104155

This is the BEST PSU I have ever used and I used many trust me. Only thing I wish that cables were longer and that I can get more out of the 12V rail. Other than that this is a kick *** PSU.

Check out this review

And also there is a video review

Electron Chaser said:
What are you using now?

MGE Vigor 500W, good one though, but i suspect its the only thing thats keeping me from OC past 4GHz, last one im going to upgrade :p

RedDragonXXX said:
Only thing I wish that cables were longer and that I can get more out of the 12V rail.

i think it would be better than what i used right now, i only get 19A from +12V, which i think is just average but would not be sufficient considering the fact that i would be adding 2x 120mm fan for my dual 120mm Rad and some more cathodes.

joelkyr said:
MGE Vigor 500W, good one though, but i suspect its the only thing thats keeping me from OC past 4GHz, last one im going to upgrade :p

i think it would be better than what i used right now, i only get 19A from +12V, which i think is just average but would not be sufficient considering the fact that i would be adding 2x 120mm fan for my dual 120mm Rad and some more cathodes.

Yes!! that PSU will be a big improvement over what you are using right now.

Good price on it too. LOL

Back