• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

missing 3000-4000 3dmark2001 points...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

hey everyone, ive got a slight dilemma, i just put together a computer, a barton 2600 with a sapphire 9600xt and 512 megs of ram. the motherboard is the abit nf7-s2

i put the latest nvidia drivers from their website for the motherboard and tried some dna drivers from guru3d for the ati card, those scored me a surprisingly low 8000 on 3dmark2k1, so i figured there must be something wrong with the drivers so i installed the ones that came with the vid card, im now at 8700, still at least 3000 short of comparable systems according to the ORB

heres the link to that:
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8586585

so should i keep playin around with the drivers still or does anyone got an idea for what to look for here? the score should be around 12k from similar systems ive worked with

TIA
max

Last edited:
hmm.. but the wierd thing is my friend with a ti4200 and an xp1700 gets higher score then this barton 2600 then... he scores about 11000. This just makes no sense! gah..

im pretty sure its not a vsync problem cause 3dmark disables that automatically doesnt it? and my fps goes over 100 in the tests so it doesnt seem to be synced.

i decided to download sisoft sandra and run some benchmarks,

so heres the first one which seems alarming, the cache/memory benchmark, the scores on this computer seem to drop off real fast, its below a xp2000 with a kt333 chipset even!

http://img199.echo.cx/img199/1150/cachememory0vx.jpg

ill get more tests and add the pics, but im thinking for some reason the memory bandwidth is fudged

memory bandwidth alone seems ok though,
http://img159.echo.cx/img159/7439/memoryband9iu.jpg

Last edited:
3dMark does not disable it, your driver settings will override 3dMark. Presuming you're running at 1024x768 (default 3dMark2001 settings) I'm not surprised your FPS go over 100, they should :) (unless of course you've got a TFT or old monitor that doesn't go over 100Hz refresh rate). Check it anyway in your control panel.

the Geforce 4ti cards were very very strong at DX7, which 3dmark03 is based on
they were stonger than many of the 9*00 and FX 5*00 series
that's why he's scoring higher

intriguing.. ok ill check on the vsync thing then,

also my cpu / arithemtic benchmarks seem fine, so the only one troubling me is the cache/mem bench..

zulu u mean 3dmark01 by the dx7 thing? hehe, that would probably explain a lot of it then, in 3dmark05 im scoring about 1500, similar systems were getting about the same and up to 1700, so not a huge amount off i guess

Thanks for the input

ok so im using the omega drivers.. i dont see any option in the advanced settings for the video card about setting vertical sync off o_O

do i need the radlinker thing for that ? i didnt install that part of it.

gah..

Back