• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Venice and msi k8n neo2 question about ? about settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spydeymon

K im gonna be getting a reatil 3000+ venice and a msi k8n neo2 the ram i have now is mushkin special bh6 i can get it to 229 with 3.15v but my board cant go high cause of vdd im guessing cause anything past that voltage just wont run properly so im guess i should be able to get this ram to at least 240 with 3.4v
now i know this cpu multi is set to 9 so if fsb is 240 x9 = 2160
ive been reading alot of how to oc a64 but i still dont get the ratio **** like 5/6 and stuff what would i have to set the settings at to run the ram at 240 2-2-2-6 and get at least 2500 mhz off the cpu ? or even 2700 or as high as i can o/c it :) any answer would be greatly appreciated :) sanx

Try to look in memory setting, you should have the option to set the memory ether 1:1, 5:6,..... or 200Mhz, 183Mhz,..... It should be nearby memory timing setting.

I don't have the same board like your. If someone have neo2, that would helpful.

I never run dividers but I think it's in Cell menu under CPU/FSB frequency.

0,2600,53027,00.jpg

I do know that alot of people said the 183 divider does not work on this board unless it is set via A64 Tweaker. With your memory though I think would shoot for more Dram voltage, either with a booster or by a simple vio mod (the one I did) as the max vdim on Neo2 without is 3.1v

With a 5/6 divider 166mhz you could run 280 x 9 @ 2520mhz with Ram @ 233mhz

Last edited:
thx man im shooting for 240 im pretty sure this bh6 can hit 250 so will see what happens when i get my board on friday got xp-90 today ncix shipped my cpu today so it might be here friday also if not monday then will start o/c'ing !!

oh ya i have a booster too so ill be giving the ram 3.4v :) i also ordered some ocz value utt to see what oc/s better but i here utt shines at 3.5v

i just baught a 120mm fan to put over the ram and booster should do the trick ? im just not sure how to make it stay on top if anyone has any pics or tips on how to put a fan over ram id like to know

Ok its alllll here the stepping on the cpu is LBBLE 0515FPMW man i hope this isnt a ****y lbble like most are gonna take aprt this rig and slap it all up wsh me luck ! ill prob be back in a few hours with some results.

Back