• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3800+ Venice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

So I get the 3800+ Venice to replace my 3200+ Winnie and hands down the 3800 can hit speeds without batting an eye that my Winnie could ever consider.

But here's my problem..... I can hit 2.9 GHz on stock V Core of 1.4 and boot into Windows with no problem. If I try running SuperPi at anything above 2.65 at stock...I get failure. If I bump the V Core to 1.55, I can pass SuperPi at 2.75. Is this weird or is it just me? If my Winnie never made it to Windows, I could bump it up a notch and then Windows would load. Fail PI? Bump it up one more and I'm cool. Why can I get into Windows at stock and it takes a full 1.55 to get it stable? BTW, even though it fails SuperPi at 2.65 stock, it ran Prine for a couple of hours before I killed it.

The temps suck that's for sure. On w/c v core at 1.55 had an idle of 38c. Even now, my temps are 34c at stock on w/c:

amd6zz.jpg

What is a safe V core for a Venice over a Winnie?

its not advisable to go over 1.6 but we all do,just make sure your temps are good. Looks like u can hit 3000 no problem. Man that sounds nice.

my idle is around 35 without heatspreader and watercooled right on the core. And my load temps are around 42 with almost 1.7 volts. I would put it at 1.6 and u can prob get stable 3000. Im almost positive on that one. If u get tired of that chip just mail it to my house lol. if 1.6 dont get u stable go for 1.65. Trust me it will be fine. As long as your temps dont really go over 47. thats where mine starts to get unstable.

I think it's my RAM that's holding me back. I have Ballistix, but my max voltage I can give it is 2.8. I'll take a stick out tomorrow and see if that helps.

BTW....here's 3 GHz. :attn:

3ghz7ne.jpg

I get a rounding error the second I try SuperPi. I dropped the memory all the way to 100 with like 3-6-6-15 and it still errored.

Back