• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello! new here in need of some help! Asus P4P800SE fan speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sevenx

Hello!

I'm very new to the overclocking business, but i've made my first step today :) so far Ive managed to overclock my p4 2.8 533 FSB to 3.1 and about 580 FSB.

The only problem ive run into so far, is that I cant seem to find a program, or a way to adjust my fan speed. I've tried speedfan, and either i'm going about it the wrong way, or it isnt working. The max CPU temp ive seen, even higher then during a benchmark test was 47C running guild wars at pretty much max load, so I'm pretty safe there so far right? I thought that bumping up my fan speed, before buying a new heatsink (running factory) would help out, but I cant seem to do it!

specs

Asus P4P800SE
P4 2.8 @ 3.09Ghz
FSB @ 583
vcore @ 1.6 max CPU temp at load 47 C Idle lowest 29C
OCZ OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 DDR 400 pc3200
ATI 9700 pro

Thanks much :)

Last edited:
I am having the same problem. I can control my CPU fan using speedfan, but can not control any of the chassis fans. Does anyone have any ideas why speeedfan will not control the chassis fans?

Back