• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hoops2oo2

Hi,

I was hoping you would be able to help me with a question. When I turn on my computer, a 400Mhz Intel Pentium II with a new 30g HD, I get the following error messages:

"Warning! Your CPU has been changed. Please set up CPU host clock.

Warning! CPU overclocking fail previously. Please set up CPU host again."

I went into my bios and it said the CPU was set to Default.

This all started when I took everything out of the 400Mhz Intel PC and put everything into a 900Mhz AMD computer (the 2 HD's, Network card, floppy disc and CD Roms). Then, I had a problem with the 900 Mhz AMD computer, so I had to transfer all of those items back to the 400 Mhz Intel PC, that is when the problem started. I have since replaced all of these items in the 400 Mhz and am still getting the overclocking warning.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

You could just set it to 400mhz - save and exit! does'nt work load the defaults and see or just clear the cmos and restart!

Okay, thanks. I will try to find that setting. This is all new to me, as you can probably tell. I'll post back once I have tried this.

Back