• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patriot 2x1GB & DFI NF4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got 2 512mb sticks of this mem fromteh egg in jan for 179 bucks- 1Gb for 249 looks like a good deal to me. I really like this memory (see sig). I pulled the heatspreaders and found that my memory is Infineon. Some people got Samsung. I don't see how it could be incompatible with your DFI. nForce4 is nForce4. Default vdimm is 2.6v for this ram.
BTW mine will do 2.5 gigs at cas 2 but I have to use a higher divider- so I run 2.5 cas sos I can get a higher memory clock - 416mhz

Thanks for the feedback. It seems there's quite a difference between the 256 megabit chips and the 512s. I'm not surprised about that, but I was hoping for a little better from the dense ones. Ah well. That's the price I pay for being a RAM hog.

Scrufdog, are you running 2.5-3-3-6@209 because the RAM won't run at the rated 2-3-2-5@200 or because it's worth it to you to go with looser timings for the 9mhz overclock?

ive benched between running 270 with RAM at 200, and 279 with RAM at 209.... the higher one was better at everything except sandra, which i dont take priority with.

Looks like it's not just the pair you got, Scrufdog. Someone over on Anandtech says he's struggling to get the PDP memory stable at 197MHz and stock timings. I don't think he's tried everything yet, but it's starting to look like PDP's stock settings are already clocked very close the edge.

I'm starting to wonder if it's worth going to 2T in order to get 2GB with four less dense, double-sided modules.

That's a question that will get asked more and more. Early results for me favor the 4x512 because the 1024x2 set I tried didn't do stock timings with divders. 1:1 the Geil Value sticks did 224.

The mixed set of TWSP CH and BH UTT I'm trying now may not be able to use anything lower than a 3:4 divder but they'll allow me to run my CPU 300x9 (3:4 divider =225) at 2-3-3-6 with 3v. Bandwidth scores are low, but this is for gaming (EQ2) not benching.

Back