• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

opinions on pc power and cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ciffer

from what i can tell, pc power and cooling supplys are very well built, just wondering what people's thought about them are, i am thinking of getting a new psu and i want to know what people thing of pc power and cooling, not other psus on the market, just pc power and cooling

They're expensive, but it's unlikely that you'll find anything better. One thing to keep in mind if you're going to buy one, get the most powerful one you can afford. You may not need all that power now, but those PSUs last forever so to increase its "useful" lifespan you'll want to move it into future systems for as long as possible and the way power requirements keep going up you'll eventually use all the power the PSU can deliver.

On a side note, does anyone know how different the BTX PSUs will be from the ATX PSUs? In other words, are all ATX PSUs going to be obsolete and unusable long before the hardware itself is ready for replacement? If they are, then it would not make sense to make a big investment in any ATX PSU now because it would need to be replaced long before you got your money's worth out of it.

PCP&C is the epitimy of the phrase "You get what you pay for."

If you are concerned about future proofing your PSU. Check out the PCP&C 510 SLI version. This PSU will last you a good long while.

I guarantee that other then the price and possibly the cooling fan noise (some say it is loud). You won't find anyone that can say anything bad about them, and certainly not about their performance.

I have used nothing but after I heard about them. I have a couple of the turbo cool models, and they are wonderful. voltages are always slightly high. I did have one die on me due to a defective part (current models have been updated with the newer choke coil). It totally smoked. However not a single one of my components was damaged and they had a new one to me in 1 day! and that is coast to coast! they really know what they are doing. their turbo cool models are absolutely amazing, although noisier than most. I estimate mine around maybe 30dB. i just got interested in one of their silencer models, which should be much quieter. if you can afford it, go for it.

• PRO'S
  • Best consumer power supply made
  • PCP & Cooling replaced the noisy Nidec fans to quieter Delta fans in their PSU's
  • --------------------------
  • CONS
  • The Delta is still a bit noisy

I swapped out the fan to a 30cfm 23dBA Sanyo Denki to make my PCP & Cooling inaudible.

thanks for all the imput. i don't trust my current psu, its made by jge, i've never heard of it but i needed a psu quickly and the price wasn't bad. basicly junk but is a bunch of pretty blue leds

They are no doubt great supplies. But it really is not possible to really understand the situation without comparison to other makes. While PC Power and Cooling supplies are indeed as good as any, I have seen no evidence that they are any better than say, an OCZ Powerstream, which costs a lot less money. And to be honest, I really prefer Fortron to either, but Fortron doesn't really have many models at this juncture (AX-500A and the two Sparkle 550s are about it) that are designed for modern load configurations and none that pack the features/warranty/support of an OCZ or PC Power and Cooling.

So what I'm saying is, the only respect in which you can go wrong with a PC Power and Cooling is if you might regret at some point that you spent two dollars to do the same job you could have done by spending one on certain alternatives. In all other respects, they are admirable units.

Back