• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fluctuating cpu voltages, reason for concern?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

William.E

Im getting fluctuating cpu voltages on my board, they vary by 0.05v and under load volts drop by .05v, im worried this is making for unstable overclocks and i cant say ive noticed this on other boards ive had, is this normal, what would you do if your board was behaving like this? should i RMA it? the board is an EPOX 9NDA3J.

power supply is a neo power 480w, im not happy about the varying volts but im getting the idea that its fairly normal and some have had worse, ive been prime95 stable overnight at 300fsb, but im wondering if id get a better overclock on my cpu if things were more steady, oh well, nevermind.

thats agood oc to begin with. it might be the board drooping under load, they make vdroop mods, i guess you could search for one eitehr here in the volt modding place, or at XS, XS will have one if we dont hav one.

If you are using software to read this fluctuation then you should know that it is not uncommon for this to occur. You have probably have nothing to worry about.

-Fb

I've been having the same problem on my pc. My psu was on the fritz, replaced it and wahla... but mine was a random icute 400w...

Back