• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Really nasty spyware

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rockafella134

Its called Aurora and Nail.exe. I ran like 5 spyware/adware programs. It deletes it but it comes back. Any help?

Um, run tds-3 and update its database (radius.td3) then let it scan your entire computer, that should find the file that keeps re-installing it. I had a piece of spyware do that to me, so I opened task manager, and ran tds-3 to delete it. I then watched for new 'magical' programs to appear, that re-installed it. I then deleted the 'magical' progs, and ran tds-3 again, to get the spyware, and finally, all was well.

www.diamondcs.com.au

one thing most people forget or aren't aware they should do is that you should always boot into safe mode and delete you adware, spyware and viruses.

i caught a monster worm that kept directing my browser to a certian website to pay them to fix it. i mustve tried 10 spyware removers and many fixes over a month to get rid of it. i finally ended up formatting and reloading windows..

dicecca112 said:
one thing most people forget or aren't aware they should do is that you should always boot into safe mode and delete you adware, spyware and viruses.
I tried to get into safe mode but I couldnt somehow. How you do it?

Edit: I still cant get rid off it!

It my not get loaded into memory in safe mode. Also look into "hijack this" if you can't kill it in safe mode.
PS some Anti-SPAM programs are actually SPAMers.

Safe mode doesnt allow certain drivers to load during start-up, which sometimes allows you to keep the spyware from loading. But it also allows you to run anti-spyware progs to dig for the ones that "hide" after they load. Ad Aware se seems to have trouble finding proggies that "hide", which makes safe mode all the more better.
Hold F8 or Ctrl (depends on windows version) to get to the boot up options, then choose safe mode and press enter.

Also, refering to last post, Webroot spy sweeper is its own spy ware. ad aware finds 5 or more files referencing it when scanning.

PoX Freak said:
Safe mode doesnt allow certain drivers to load during start-up, which sometimes allows you to keep the spyware from loading. But it also allows you to run anti-spyware progs to dig for the ones that "hide" after they load. Ad Aware se seems to have trouble finding proggies that "hide", which makes safe mode all the more better.
Hold F8 or Ctrl (depends on windows version) to get to the boot up options, then choose safe mode and press enter.

Also, refering to last post, Webroot spy sweeper is its own spy ware. ad aware finds 5 or more files referencing it when scanning.

If it starts reporting that another anti-spyware software is spyware, then may be a false alarm.

PoX Freak said:

SpySweeper is NOT spyware. AdAware in that instance was most likely just picking up the "backups" that SpySweeper makes after it removes spyware from a system.

If you follow the Spyware Sticky to the letter, and STILL have problems, post a hijackthis log file and we'll go from there.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=379516

Back