• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any good cooper VGA coolers/heatsinks for X800pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wam

I haven't done any tinkering inside my computer for months. Now, I've decided to replace the artic cooler 3 on my x800pro vivo @XTPE with a better VGA cooler and also do a pencil mod. It already has ramsinks on. Does anybody know of any good, preferably copper heatsinks. Fan noise, unless extreme, isn't a problem.

Wam said:
I haven't done any tinkering inside my computer for months. Now, I've decided to replace the artic cooler 3 on my x800pro vivo @XTPE with a better VGA cooler and also do a pencil mod. It already has ramsinks on. Does anybody know of any good, preferably copper heatsinks. Fan noise, unless extreme, isn't a problem.

What type of VGA cooler are you looking into? The Zalman certainly is a bit better than the Artic Cooler and as a bonus would come with ramsinks.
On the other hand you could mod an old P4 478 heatsink and get even better results with a big fan on top of it.
The heatsinks in the for sale section are perfectly fine - you won't see any higher clocks if you'd take those over let's say OCZ cooper sinks.

Cheers, the VF700 is an option. I would prefer to use my own fan on it but don't think that's possible. I made a heatsink for my old 9800pro, though while very good it was a lot of hassle to get it right... drilling holes, lapping etc. Just wanted to get a pre-done one and the VF700 is the only I've seen so far.

for all copper your pretty much exclusively tied to the zalman - only other option is just updating to the newer vga silencer revison...iv heard nothing but good about the all copper zalman tho ;)

Back