• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me decide which PCI-E card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Death-Evil

Registered
I just bought DFI nf4 ultra-d and I need new card.

I'm choosing between these two:

1) Sapphire X800pro VIVO oem for 243$

2) Connect 3D X800XL for 269$

I know that it is imposible to softmod x800pro to xt when the card is PCI-E

Please give me some advice

softmod is not possible with the PCI-E Pro card.
Both are great cards
If you planning on using the card for games at stock OCs - go for the X800XL. If you wanting to be mainly overclocking and benching - I'd recommend the X800Pro

Agreed, X800XL is great for stock, and if you want to take the time to cool and volt mod, but the X800Pro is going to be a better overclocker on air.

I'm confused. I will pushed either card to the limits and what I want is the highest possible FPS in games.

PS.Or maybe there is something better in this price range??

Thanks in advance

well the Pro is cheaper on average tad bit faster...but you can't go wrong with either. I don't see a better option in this price range

if you want to push the card to its MAX, get a pro. a pro's max OC is higher than the XL's as ATi is still playing with the new smaller die manufacturing with the XL's (not the best yeilds yet). If you want to run it at stock, an XL for sure

Wait wait...lemme get this straight...
Overclocked X800PRO > Overclocked X800XL
Is that right? If that's the case I might just go wtih the X800PRO...

Listen hungry I think you misunderstood the situation. However looking at your signature you have agp mobo so the best deal for you would be to get x800pro vivo and then flash it to xt or xt PE!!!!!!!!

will an X800 pro pci-e support ati sli to come or whatever they call it as an X800XL will

when and where??? any linky would help a lot. Also, it would be good to know which "brand" XL's will support it.

Thanks in advance

Back