• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI Slots not working......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
It's a refurb Asus P5AD2-E Premium, so there is a chance that they are completely dead, but I doubt it.

Stupid hard drive is dying and it corrupted my SP2, so I'm running without any service packs. I was able to get 925XE drivers installed though, and things like my PCI-E 16x slot, USB, and my memory controller are all showing up correctly, and working correctly.

Windows ALWAYS detects my Audigy and my USR 56K modem without any special drivers, and they even work just fine like that, however now, it's like they completely dont exsist. I've taken them out, and put them back in, still nothing. They arn't even on the list of hardware without drivers. Using Sandra I can look at PCI devices, and it shows my X700 just fine, but says nothing is installed in the normal PCI slots. I dont have any PCI-E 1x stuff, so I have no idea about those.

I looked around in the BIOS, turned on things like plug n play, which wasn't on for some reason. Nothing seems to work. It might be a simple fix that I am overlooking, but I can't think of anything else.

I will look around some more trying to figure it out, but I'm dead tired. Hopefully someone will have a resolution for me by tomorrow. I hate being forced to only use my laptop. :(

Thanks guys! :)

I took the audigy and modem out, booted, then put back in, but in different slots, still nothing. It is detecting an unknown PCI device, but my modem and audigy are both plug n play, and the audigy drivers say they won't install because there isn't an audigy in my system.

One thing that caught my eye is the drivers for the 925XE. I downloaded them off of Intel's site, and they clearly were under the 925XE section, but when installing they said they were aimed towards the 945 chipset. I wonder if someone screwed up, and I tried installing drivers for ICH7, instead of ICH6.

I didn't mention this because it made me mad, but when I flipped my PSU switch for the first time, my system turned on for less than a second, then off again. I experimented, and that only happened when the ATX connector was plugged into the motherboard. It makes me wonder, maybe it was a surge, fried my PCI cards. Or maybe it's just another problem with this board.

All the problems aside, the board does perform extremely well. I'm only at 200 FSB 4-4-4, and I'm getting 4.9gb/s mem bandwith, and almost 9,000 MIPS at 3ghz. THat's about the same as my northwood system.

I am going to call Newegg. I am going to try getting a new P5WD2 board from them, maybe a tradethis P5AD2+cash for one, or maybe they'll be nice and just do a trade. My backup drive is pretty much dead, so many things are corrrupt on it, really makes me depressed. Just one more expensive.

Wish me luck with Newegg. :)

Back