• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright ALX-800 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goateh

Would that heatsink be better for cooling my cpu than my sk6+ for cooling my 2500+ @ 3200?

It will take an 80mm fan without any adaptors so I'm guessing thats a good thing, the reason I'm asking is because i dont really want to spend alot of money on cooling and this seems like a pretty good hs.

Cheers
Goateh :sn:

I have an ALX800 that keeps my 2600+ floating around 43 degrees idle and 50 load at 2200mhz. I am sure you can get even better temps with a better fan than I have, as mine is an 80x20mm Antec Blue LED fan, only does about 2700rpm and rated at 30cfm. But it is reasonably quiet! With a good lap job and a better AS5 appliqe than I did im sure you will get great temps over an sk6.

It's a good cooler, yes; but I think your going to have a hard time finding it in stock anyplace new. There are better coolers out there for a little more money. What's your budget?

FYI - I've got my Mobile 2600+ at nearly 2.4ghz with a panaflo high keeping load just over 50C.

I'm getting it second hand for $20 if all goes well. I have a rather limited budget when it comes to cooling unfortunately :)

Back