• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Some Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asmian

hi there, i am thinking about buying a AMD 64 3400+ but i am wondering if that can be overclocked to 4000+ with Asus A8V Deluxe w/ DualDDR400, Audio, Gigabit Lan, SATA RAID, 1394 Motherboard. If not this CPU, then which one can be overclocked to 4000+ and what sort of cooling is recommended. I have 2 modules of PC3200 512DDR and ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, with Audigy2 ZX Platinum Pro. What sort of power supply is recommended, every help will be very appreciated as i am not updated with the new 64bit generation.

All chips clock differently, read the stickys for o/c results, it seems the best way to go at the moment is vencie or san diego. All depends on your budget. The rest of your system looks ok. A good quality psu would be essential. Antec or fortron seem the best.

Back