• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sound card + speaker upgrade > 150$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

strappleberry

sound card + speaker upgrade < 150$

Yo guys, i'm finally gettin' an upgrade! Since it's my birthday my aunt gave me 150 bux to spend at walmart.com (ONLY at walmart so please don't provide links to other sites) could you guys please help me choose a sound card from this selection http://www.walmart.com/catalog/sear...raint=0&search_query=sound+cards&ics=20&ico=0 and also some good speakers to pair with the sound card http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?cat=132902&path=0:3944:3964:132959:132902 Please keep in mind my budget is NO MORE than 150$, thanks for all the help people.

Strappleberry.

Last edited:
id go with the audigy 2 zs and the creative labs 5.1 560 system.

i think the sound card is more important than the speakers, you'll be much happier with the ZS than the value.

as for the speakers...i would think that those $40 creative labs SBS speakers are of better quality than the 5.1 system...but of course..that depends on what you'll be listening to.

IMO you will get better sound if you get the audigy value card and then spend the extra cash on one of the 2.1 systems in the $75 range. The slightly better quality sound of the Audigy2 will never be noticed with inexpensive speakers. Good luck and make sure you thank your Aunt for her generosity.

If you play games get the Audigy2 value, otherwise SB Live! 24-bit. Dunno about speakers, but I'd suggest a 2.1 system (better sound quality than equivalent priced 5.1).

I would have mentioned the SB Live as well, but it looks like it's out of stock. I was never very good at waiting for birthday presents.

THank you all for your input and suggestions, I greatly appreciate it. I decided to go with the audigy 2 zs (it comes with free version of raven shield and tomb raider :) ) and the logitech 2-3 or z-3 speakers i forgot the name but someone recomened it earlier in the thread. i'll just give my aunt the extra 20$...Thanks again for all the help guys :)

@ rseven: i know, i'm so anxious to get my stuff!!

btw, what drivers would you guys recomend using? any specific modded/non modded drivers or anything?

Back