• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800u vs. 2 6600gt in sli

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the adam

well since i might be getting a new mobo (which mobo hasn't been decided yet except it will have sli). Was buggy as hell and crashs every 5 mins in word (no joke). And since my b-day is coming up and my parents gave me some cash to buy some stuff and I have saved up my money i was wondering which video card would be better? 1 6800u or 2 6600gts in sli?

Also how much do you think I could get for my 6800nu with an artic cooler?

6800Ultra is definatly the way to go. It will be faster than 2x6600GTs in every application, and you dont have to worry about possible problems if particular game doesnt support SLI. Oh and one more good advantage - In future you can get one more 6800ultra and run them in SLI :)

Yeah. I really dont see the need to run 6600GTs in SLI. I mean, even 6800GTs beat them when the eye candy is turned on.

o really wow. thx for the info guys (ive kinda been out of it for awhile). So how much do you think my 6800nu is worth?

6800u > 2 6600gt's

It depends, can your 6800 pipes be unlocked, if so some people will pay full MSRP for guarenteed unlockage of pipes.

my 6800nu is an AGP (if it was PCI-E x16 I would buy another and run them in sli) thx for the pricing ill try to sell it here and then ebay. Unfortunatlly the extra vertex shader cant be unlocked :(

Well I just relized that a new mobo + 6800u breaks my bank... Can 6800gt's be oc'ed to 6800u (i mean their not that far apart) or are the 6800gt's already capped out as it is? Or is the price for the 6800u really worth it?

Also I have one other question. If I were to somehow aquire 2 6800u and put them in sli wouldn't the top card kind of be screwed ventalation wise or is the space big enough between the 2 pci-e slots on the DFI mobo or am I better off going with the ASUS mobo?

Back