• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

latest r520 specs (rumours)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gvw

Registered
I'm sure many of you already saw this on http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/ but for those who didn't here are the latest r520 rumours.

In German but specs are clear;

http://www.ati-news.de/cgi-bin/News/viewnews.cgi?category=1&id=1117138247

You can use http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en to translate the rest.

The h264 codecs looks like a must have for the htpc fans.
This fall/winter there will be an epic battle between ati and nvidia.

Originally posted by Dil-tech in http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=172272

I'm guessing it's gonna be a paper release no matter what the specs. I'll beleive it when i see it :p

Thanks for the links.

Radeon X900 XT-PE
• 32 Pixel-Pipelines
• 10 Vertex-Shader Einheiten
• 90nm low-k bei TSMC
• 500 Mhz Chiptakt
• 700 MHz (1,4 Ghz) Speichertakt
• 512 MB GDDR-3

Radeon X900 XT
• 32 Pixel-Pipelines
• 90nm low-k bei TSMC
• 450 Mhz Chiptakt
• 600 MHz (1,2 Ghz) Speichertakt
• 512 MB GDDR-3

Radeon X900 Pro
• 24 Pixel-Pipelines
• 90nm low-k bei TSMC
• 450 Mhz Chiptakt
• 600 MHz (1,2 Ghz) Speichertakt
• 256/512 MB GDDR-3

Radeon X900
• 16 Pixel-Pipelines
• 8 Vertex-Shader Einheiten
• 110nm low-k bei TSMC
• 500 Mhz Chiptakt
• 500 MHz (1,0 Ghz) Speichertakt
• 256/512 MB GDDR-3

some contridictions. Firstly why would ati use .110nm on the x900? second of all theres NO low K for 110nm. I agree with the pipes and the names are common sense. was expecting the core clocks to be much higher, even the .130nm x850s are 540 core!

AFAIK (rumours at this point offcourse) there will be an agp version.
I just wonder how they will get enough power to it though.

Overclocker550 said:
some contridictions. Firstly why would ati use .110nm on the x900? second of all theres NO low K for 110nm. I agree with the pipes and the names are common sense. was expecting the core clocks to be much higher, even the .130nm x850s are 540 core!

It could just be a more efficient core :shrug:.

those core clocks seem WAYYY to low for the next generation of cards... unless the 24 and 32 pipes make up for it? :shrug:
will these be SM3.0 equipped? or even 4.0 :p

gvw said:
AFAIK (rumours at this point offcourse) there will be an agp version.
I just wonder how they will get enough power to it though.

with a 12v molex connectors like current cards.

Overclocker550 said:

Well it means r900 isn't an r520, it's just a revamped x850 or x800, like the r9600.

From the article :

"ATI has its Radeon X850 XT PE successor (code name: R520) not yet officially presented, but for promised from 31 May to 4 June 2005 in Taipei taking place Computex, first demo of integrated hardware acceleration for hp-dvd the compression format H.264. In the Grand Hyatt hotel in the proximity of the exhibition sites want the Canadians with Cyberlink the hardware acceleration of highly soluble H.264-Video to demonstrate. "ATI is transforming the PC video landscape by leading the industry adoption OF Blu ray and hp DVD on the PC This new innovation builds upon ATI's unrivaled video and display of technologies," said Rick Bergman, senior Vice President, PC Business unit, ATI Technologies. The H.264 codec is a better image quality and compression as for instance Mpeg-4 to offer and is in the future for the coding of BluRay and Hp DVD videos to be used. Into the HDTV needs dissolutions 1280x720 (720p) and 1920x1080 (1080p) by Apple developed the codec only 8 to 10 Mbps, while the Mpeg-2 which is used on DVDs would take compression format up 15 to 20.

Beyond that new rumors emerged over the specifications and models of the Fudo:

[specs]

natural these data seem quite improbable at first sight, think one however of the R300 back, then one knows that ATI is good always for or other surprise. -) Source: PC video leadership extended with roofridge hardware accelerated public H.264 demonstration RK Computex"

-=Ambush=- said:
So apparently this thing is supposed to be launched july 26 but does anyone know if this is just a paper launch?

And more importantly, where can I pre-order a crossfire model?? :shrug:

The motherboard + Drivers will be more important than the Crossfire vidcard it seems

mikeguava said:
The motherboard + Drivers will be more important than the Crossfire vidcard it seems

Well.....I want the crossfire to future proof my system. The crossfire does nothing by itself.

But I won't need a 2nd card for a while when I'm getting 10K+ on 3D Mark'05 :clap:

Back