• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dismantling/servicing hp ze-series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lancelot

dismantling/servicing hp ze5500-series

Hey all,

I've just finished dismantling/sevicing my hp ze5517ea laptop cuz I got fed up with a few issues (mainly cooling) and hopefully resolved them. I know the ze-series laptops are widespread. I took pictures so I wanna know if many people would be interested if I wrote an article/guide about it for the frontpage?!

Last edited:
hell yeah!
Only this morning I was thinking of taking my ze5440 apart to (look) and clean. It's just so damn noisy! When first turn on its nice and silent, then after a few min the first fans come on and about 5 min after that the whole lot come on. Feels pretty hot in there, but unable to get a temp monitor program to work to prove that.
A how-to would be most welcome please!

ive had my ze4610 apart once before, but didnt have my cam at the time or i would have done a pic guide. next time i have it apart (hopefully soon, as soo nas i get me some AS5) ill take lots and lots of pics.

I've already submitted an article. In the mean time I have successfully upgraded the original Mobile P4 2.3/512/400 to a Mobile P4 2.8/512/533 !!!

Back