• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I take it straight up to normal OC from stock or do it slowly?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

My comp has been in the ICU for the past few weeks at stock everything(broken NB fan, few other minor things) and I've finally got it back up and running again. Last night, I tried to take it straight up to 241x11, which is my normal stable OC. Windows froze on booting. same with 238x11 and 235x11. So I said screw it and put it at 210x11 and let it prime overnight.

Do I have a problem here, or am I just being impatient?

Relax man any CPU is different....
Try to find CPU limits first....
Xm.....
Some A64s work better with lower multipliers....
Try to change it...
But set dividers to RAM you must be 100% sure that memory are rock stable.

MrSeanKon said:
Relax man any CPU is different....
Try to find CPU limits first....
Xm.....
Some A64s work better with lower multipliers....
Try to change it...
But set dividers to RAM you must be 100% sure that memory are rock stable.

I think you misunderstood me. I had my comp running at 241x11 for several months, then had to bring it back down b/c of some unrelated problems. You can see my concern why it now semingly can't do that.

I tried 220x11 after a night of priming at 210x11, and it didn't load windows. Once finals are over (wed), I'll take a closer look at this.

I always have to work my way up as well. If i clock it down even for a day or more it wont just go straight back up to where it was, even with only the couple of hundred mhz i have :O

Back