• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I check if a .iso file is good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward78

I just spent like 2 days on a 56k dowloading the yoper.iso file, can I check if it is corrupt somehow?

or use alcohol 120%...that works just the same and I think is easier to use

http://www.alcohol-soft.com/

just d/l the demo and use it per the instructions..it will make a virtual cd-dvd drive(fake) and then you can right click onit and mount the .iso file...like I said the instructions will tell you how to do that...there is also loads of sites via a google search that will explain it.

Open up a command prompt in Windows...Start | Run | Type cmd, and click OK | At the prompt, type...

md5sums.exe yos-i686-2.1.0.4.iso ...replace yos-i686-2.1.0.4.iso with whatever version you happen to have downloaded.

After a few seconds, you'll get a sequence number caculated from your *.iso file. You compare that number with the one provided on the Yoper download site to make sure that it matches EXACTLY...if not, your file is corrupted.

You can downlaod md5sums.exe from...

http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/freeware/md5sums/

daemon or alcohal.........both will create virtual drives, i almost always test first, if it works i burn that badboy in no time......and off to my mountain of disks it goes

i will have to try the cmd trick.......

You can also use MagicISO to check the content of a .iso file, and even modify it if you wish to. And it does not require the creation/utilisation of an emulated drive. I kinda suggest not to use too much of cd-rom emulation (even tought i do...) thingies, it is said to mess with some recent games (namely HL2 and Doom3 IIRC), and it's a pain in the behind to clean everything about those emulated drives.

or you can download a virtual pc program like MS virtual pc they have a 15day trial and boot it up virtually. If it loads it works, if not then its borked

Back