• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800gt 3d 03 scores with certain settings...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geko

The reason ive made a thread about this is is because things seem to have gone a bit strange with my setup lately and i have no real idea of the settings everyone uses for the 3D marks. Ive been running this test at 1600x1200 with 4xAA, AF as my filtering with a max level of 8 (forceware settings set to quality), and up until yesterday i was getting around 7650... or so i thought.

Ive also been messing around with the forceware utility for a while (ive now got it so i think everything looks better and plays better to my liking), but my scores with the above settings have dropped to around 4300. I can get it back up to 7600 but only if i disable the AA and AF, so i was thinking that when i was messing around with the forceware controls i might have set the global driver settings to use no AA/AF (off and not application controlled), but then carried on thinking they were being enabled when i set them in 3D 03 :shrug: the reason i cant back track either is because before i thought of this being why my scores have gone low i uninstalled my graphics driver and reinstalled it to see if this would fix the problem. It didnt.

Anyway, with those settings (1600x1200, 4x AA, AF as filtering @ level 8 with quality forceware settings), is 4300 about right? And 7600 about right at that resolution but no AA/AF (but still quality forceware settings)?

At 1024x768 with performance settings and no AA or AF my score is 12500... any good?

cheers

dunno about the score u got when not using standardsettings.. but your 1024x768-score is right on spot!

Nice. Must have been me messing with the global driver settings and not realizing what i was doing :rolleyes: thanks scph

Back