• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just bought a hole saw and i need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aidenswarrior

i just bought a 3 1/8 hole saw to cut holes in my window. How in the hell do you attach this thing to a drill? :bang head :bang head :bang head
sorry i am not a very handy person.

well, there sould be a drill bit like rod in the middle, normally you have to thread it to the hole saw part, then from there, you just stick it in the chuck of the drill and tighten it up

Some hole saws do not have the Arbor included with them. I have 3 sizes of hole saws for case fans and just one arbor to use with them all. You will proably need to go back to the store to get the approprate arbor for your saw. Take the saw with you to make sure you get the right arbor.

Yeah, go back and get the mandrill. It screws into the middle of the hole-saw and then the other side goes into the chuck of the drill.

make sure you get one that will fit the chuck of your drill. Most likly this will be 1/2" size. I made the mistake of buying to large of a mandril and it didnt fit.

Back