• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange but true...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DJ WATTS

Registered
Hi all, its been a while since i posted anything and thought i would share my recent findings with u all.

I have an Athlon1.2 (200fsb) 1.70, IO 3.30 running at 1333 (133x10) 1.70, IO 3.30. Now we all know the score and this was just not good enough so i went for 1.4 140fsb x 10 1.70, IO 3.30 and booted up and it posted and loaded up windows, no lock up or freezes so i though lets test it out so i ran 3D Mark2001 and on the second car chase it freezed up and exited the app totally then i noticed windows was froze... DAM!

What was to follow was a total nightmare which sufice to say involved a clearing of the CMOS jumper.

So then i thought ok lets just leave this baby alone and have a mild o/c back at my setting 1333. When i tried to boot back up it wasnt even posting anything at all just black screen, so i went back to default 1.2 and it booted up no probs.
After a while the fever came back and i wanted more juice outta this puppy again so i thought of trying 1333 with higher voltages than i originally had it on at 1333 and booted up and it worked fine no probs. Yeeees ok then lets try lowering the Voltage NOW i thought as ok it didn't work before but it had worked previously so there might be a slim chance of it working. I booted up and it posted and now works 100% stable as it allways did but what caused it not to work and work now... mmmh? must be Goblins in my PC somewhere...

Also i have tried a setting of 133fsb x 10.5 and it posts 1400 and boots up but allways freezes straight away in windows so 140fsb x 10 is more stable but why? U would think there would be more probs at 140fsb because of pci and AGP bus speeds being higher and also in my bios i have two options at 133fsb, 133fsb pci bus 33 or 133fsb pci bus 44. I use the first one.

Anyhow just thought i would let u all know and maybe it might be of some help to someone out there o/c'ing.

Anyone that has any of there own experiments to share or info and advice relating to this thread then please post!

All the best.
DJ WATTS :)

Last edited:
Back