• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800xl OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jcollins82

I started working on overclocking this gigabyte x800xl since I took care of the cooling problem.

http://www.geocities.com/stones96/pic3.jpg

I cut a 3in. hole in the side of my case and mounted an 80mm tornado over it. I figured that should be good enough for me. I have it set stably at 440/1178 and I can actually get higher memory clocks but I noticed that my 3dmark01 score actually drops if I set it any higher than 1178. Any reason for that?

In all OCed hardware there is what overclockers call a "sweet spot", it is the point when hardware will give the optimal results. I don't know exactly why this happens maybe someone will be able to explain this further.
BTW thats a nice clock for the X800XL, I'm going to have mine on water and see what I get out of it.

that's a really sweet clock on the ram.... I'll have to cool my system better to get that high.

IrishAssassin said:
2 tornados, man I don't know how you can stand it. Nice OC btw.
i wear dsp-500s all the time......blocks out all my pc noise anyways. im not much of a "quiet silence" person, i want the best cooling possible not some passive crap. but thats just me.....

Thanks. Actually the noise isn't so bad anymore. I replaced the xp90 with a xp120 and a delta 120mm so I'm actually getting more air flow for less noise. But I gained a little of it back when I put another 80mm tornado on the exhaust.

Back