• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strangest Thing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Homey

Registered
I'm having the weirest issue. Ocasionally my screen will go black however it doesn't loose signal (my monitor still detects a signal). So I will wiggle the cable connected to the video card and then it will sometimes get signal for a period of time then it just won't anymore. So I figure it's the cable right? But then I restart the machine and then everything works fine for another couple hours without me having to wiggle the cable.

So I'm wondering if by restarting it resets to a lower resolution and allows it to work b/c it can only handle high resolution (1600x1200 @75hz) for a period of time? Now I don't know if this is a video card or a monitor issue. I have a Hercules 9700 pro and a Hitachi Superscan elite.

Another problem I used to have is that sometime there would be a bunch of yellow spots on the screen that I couldn't get rid of without reseting.

The reason I think it's so weird is b/c if it was just a video card issue I don't see why wiggling the cable would help.

I used to have a problem with this on my gf2, well something similar anyway. Do you have any power saving features turned on in windows or a screen saver enabled?

Back