• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

virus at bootup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

offroadbum

Registered
I just resently ran my anti-virus software,and it said that i had 2 viruses and then windows locked up.So I had to restart the computer.
Now I just a loop, normal booting then it goes to improper shutdown,and starts a chdsk,then it reboots.Ok I get to the safe mode startup window,when you click the safe mode the same as above chdsk then it starts the rebooting again.Any of the other start modes are chosen the it lists a bunch of files and stops.
Next I get out my widows disk.boot from disk and pretty much the same thing.But i can get into repair mode,ran mbrfix,no help.checked the partition and it still there.Oh and one thing that happens before it goes to reboot a blue screen pops up and drops quick very quick,
and it does say some thing about system admin..
This leads me to think that it has do something to my admin..
any help or anti-virus that i get to run from a floopy.Because my backup computer doesn`t have a cdr.
thanks

This doesn't sound like a virus, but a BSOD or other driver problem. you can try a repair install but I dunno if that would help.

Antivirus programs from floppies are kinda rare since they just don't fit on one. Maybe it would help if you knew the name of the virus causing your problems.

I don`t think it`s drivers although it may be.But it does act like some floppy viruses back in the early `90`s.
I`ve been searching the net and found about 10 forums with others when the same problem.And there was one solution that seemed to be working until
windows wanted my original win 95 but that to is a problem because it is 800 miles away(I`m working on the road and want return home till sept).
I`m just trying to keep from reformatting.

I don't doubt he had two viruses, but the problems he got afterwards don't sound like virus problems. Unless he really uses Windows95, then it might(win95 is a LOT easier to crash like that than NT based Windows)

and if its a driver then why does it try to load in safe before it reboots.and any thing else from that console runs a list of files.
Well maybe a better question would be what kind of driver could cause this kinda problem?
I`m open to try anything now........

I`ve been messn` with it and it is a virus.after windows loads the blue screen that pops up is about 5or6 command lines.The 1st word is STOP,somewhere in the 3rd line is reboot and in the last line is system admin.It moves real fast that took about 15 trys to get what little I`ve gotten.I don`t think that it is a MS promt but you never know.

It's a STOP error, more commonly known as BSOD.
Due to all the bad publicity MS got from BSODs under NT4 and Win2k, they chose a typical MS solution: Don't fix the problems but hide them. Now a BSOD immediately reboots instead of showing the user the error so he can write it down and ask his sysadmin (or someone else) about it.

well, if all else fails, take the Hard Drive out and hook it up as a slave on another pc, then get all of your data that you want, then put it back in the orignal pc and do a re-install

thats what ive had to do a few times

No it just runs lines of files in safe mode and anyother mode except a normal start,which it loads then reboots.

ok how can I fix the BSOD?

Back