• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no sound iam i cursed????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Turtle Shell

k on my p4 system my sound went out it would not work at allthe speakers worked in my parents comp but not mine anyways i got a new comp the only thing i used was the hd and memory and cd drive i pluged the speakers in (the same ones they were still working in my parents) well i start to play some dod and no sound i unplug them and plug them back in my parents they work what is my deal iam i cursed never to hear my games again

Make sure you are plugging them in the correct jack and make sure you have the drivers installed and make sure you don't have the audio muted and make sure you have the speakers plugged in and make sure you have the speakers turned on and make sure to use periods in your future posts.

SavageBasher said:
Make sure you are plugging them in the correct jack and make sure you have the drivers installed and make sure you don't have the audio muted and make sure you have the speakers plugged in and make sure you have the speakers turned on and make sure to use periods in your future posts.

sorry about the run on.the speakers are pluged in and are in the right jacks.the drivers are installed and it is onboard sound.

the same things kinda happened to me, i've got a nf7 motherboard with onboard sound i've been using that since and just a couple of days ago the sound just stopped working i think its blown or something, cause i instered my old creative soundblaster 128 and the sound is workin perfectly obviously its not what i'd prefer because the onboard sound had 5.1 ability and the soundblaster doesn't but i was wondering why that had happened?

If need of purchasing a new soundcard whats the preferable card to purchase at a good price??

Thanks In Advance!!

:D

Back