• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Terminology?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

L33M

I like to think I'm a reasonably intelligent person, but I'll be dipped in $#|+ if I can figure out the AMD terminology (been an Intel guy for a long time). I've read the stickies and think I understand the science. I just can't seem to apply it to my particular mobo/BIOS. Could somebody look at my BIOS screen and tell me which setting relates to which AMD setting (HT, HTT, multiplier, etc.)?

dsc00056.jpg

From the BIOS screen shot:

HT freuency = 4X means the actual HT system bus frequency would be 4X of the HTT frequency (which is at 220 MHz in the screen shot). Some bios calls this as LDT multiplier.

Adjust CPU FSB Frequency refers to the HTT frequency which is 220 MHz in the screen shot. Bioses, CPU-Z, ... use HTT and FSB interchangeably, refer to same thing.

I do not see the CPU multiplier, but it is at x10, since
HTT = 220 MHz
CPU clock = 2200 MHz

BTW, keep AGP to 67 MHz constant.

Overclocking setting for various bus frequencies

I do not see the CPU multiplier, but it is at x10, since...
Isn't that the "Adjust CPU Ratio" that is currently set to StartUp?
Hopefully MSI will release a new BIOS that has 'strength' spelled correctly, lol. :)

electrorcamd said:
Isn't that the "Adjust CPU Ratio" that is currently set to StartUp?
Hopefully MSI will release a new BIOS that has 'strength' spelled correctly, lol. :)

I think you are correct.

Just try to change it to see whether it shows x10, x9, x8, ....

electrorcamd said:

When I see something that obvious spelled wrong and did not get changed and QC corrected, I would wonder what would happen to those lower level, more complicated bios codes, .... :)

Here's the screenie of the "Adjust CPU Ratio" option...

DSC00057.JPG

Looks like that's the "multi," eh?

Yes, that is the multiplier, keep it at x10 (default already).

From you sig, you have Venice LBBLE 3200+ with x10 max multiplier.

Overclocking scenario,
hopefully it can do 2700 - 2800 MHz

HTT = 270 - 280 MHz
CPU_multiplier = x10
This would give CPU 2700 - 2800 MHz
CPU_voltage 1.4 - 1.5 V should be enough (hopefully)

Try HTT = 270 MHz first, to get everything running properly.

Go into DRAM configuration
keep memory_FSB_ratio = 1:1 or mem clock at 200 MHz (don't know exact wording)
So memory frequency = HTT (270 - 280 MHz)

timing = 2.5-3-3-6 1T
You have to look up the manual to see what is the name for setting 1T

Hey Sup, thanks for the pointer. Actually I was aware of the MSI forums, but I'm so used to coming to the OC for advice, it doesn't occur to me to check MSI before I whine. I'll check that out right away.

Back