• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dynamic overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomchong

is there such a program that allows me to dynamicly adjust multis and voltage in windows? i would like to underclock my mobile to stock which would allow near silent operation while watching dvd's and such

Since you have a mobile, yes and no.
It has PowerNow, so you would be able to change the multi and voltage while in Windows with something like CPUMSR.
However, the nForce2 chipset the NF7-S uses doesn't support PowerNow and the system just freezes when you try to change the multi or voltage, so no.

If you had a Via chipset board, you could. You can use nTune, Clockgen, or Speedfan to just lower the FSB and then lower your cpu fan speed if you have a way of doing so.

yes i have a rheostat, and my loudest fans run off thermal probes, so all i need to do when i want some silence is underclock. however it would be a pain to restart and go through bios all the time

Back