• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats holding back my celly 700mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bmxpunk86pl

ok ppl i got a celeron 700mhz cDO stepping at 10.5*66mhz. I overclocked it to 788 at 10.5*75 mhz but now when i try 10.5*83mhz or 10.5*100mhz, it wount even post, nothing shows up on the screen period. i tried increasing the voltage to 1.90 volts but still no post. whats happening? can anyone help please:) :) :) :) :) :)

Sounds like the classic heat problem. You HAVE to do cooling mods FIRST before trying to overclock.

True to the above post...i have the same cpu as you but only cc0 stepping...i have mine at 800 mhz...i don't dare doing more cuz i have no special cooling for it yet...try getting a new way of cooling your cpu first....

Dude, Celeron 700s, really suck. I got mine at 2vs to get it to work, and its not even stable stable.

But not even a post, wierd.

I concur that the 700 is not overclock friendly. The 10.5x multiplier is just too high to work with. The 667, 733, 766 have the same problem...high multi. The 800/100 and up seem to be much better, from what I've read thus far.

We have a member here, kid by the name of Carmine Paterno....used to run a C700. Poor kid wanted 1GHz out of that chip, and went to great lengths to get it. How's 2.4 volts to the cpu sound? Insane, IMHO. I DO NOT reccommend anything over 1.8 without a HSF upgrade, and 2.05 max.

He never did get 1GHz out of that chip, either. I haven't seen him post in quite a while.... I think he went AMD, and is posting over in the AMD topics these days.....

Personally, I'd sell the 700, and either step up to the 800, or back to the 600. Both have a reputation for overclocking quite well.

A fair amount of the 600's will hit 1GHz, most 900MHz. (I got mine to 1053MHz (1.05GHz)). I've been seeing a LOT of posts about the C800, and a lot of these will make it to 1066, some much further...

Batboy has a very good point, cooling IS essential. If you've got the intel HSF on that C700, you likely won't get too much stable. Definitely don't go raising the vcore thru the roof without good cooling.

I still think it might be the chip itself.... that one's got a bit of a "rep" for lousy o/c's.

My $.02

Back