• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wait for nVidia G70 or get a 6800(X) for new rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VAdept

Im sure this is a question for many of those building new rigs or upgrading right now. With it looking like the G70 will be out sometime in June I don't think I can see myself dropping cash on a 6800 just to have it outclassed in a month.

I think im going to just throw a cheap PCI-based card in my new system and wait for the G70. When it does arrive I will be able to run 4 monitors (which is likely) and even 6 when I get another G70 for SLi albiet only when SLi is disabled.

If you have that much money then yeah go ahead and get G70, as for me I'm going to wait for next-gen next to G70. Why, because I expected G70 to hit at least 10,000 in 3DMark 05 and have 32pipes instead of 24 :shrug:

I am debating this as well. Right now my focus has turned to ebay to get a couple cheap 6800s. If I am unsuccessful I will buy one 7800GTX and buy another later on.

ya.. i dunno if i want to sell my ultra n' go pci-e or wait till the gen after next

Im gonna run this 6800 ultra into the ground. i've never kept a vc more than 7 months I kinda like this one. 2 things first there aren't any games demanding anything more powerful than a 6800 ultra or any really good games for that matter. Second I'm waiting to see hoe the agp thing is going to play out. If the next gen comes in agp then maybe by the end of ther year if not I'[ll wait untill the next gen and make the move to pci express.

Back