• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin 2-2-2 special with a64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spydeymon

Hello does anyone have any tips for me everything is in my sig but mem wont be stable at anything over 200 fsb with 1t but with 2t i can hit 245 even with loose timings and 1t nothing works well
does this sound like ram or mobo prob? or even cpu?

spydeymon,

call our tech guys and we will be glad to assist you..

800-569-1868.

Duonger

spydeymon said:
Hello does anyone have any tips for me everything is in my sig but mem wont be stable at anything over 200 fsb with 1t but with 2t i can hit 245 even with loose timings and 1t nothing works well
does this sound like ram or mobo prob? or even cpu?

To be honest, my 2-2-2 special was the best set of ram I have ever owned. It did 272mhz at 2-2-2-5-1t. Yes, it took massive voltage (3.5v). If you want to use A64 tweaker....I made a guide to some recommended timings on the mushkin forum. Take a look and compare to what you are using now...

http://forums.mushkin.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1860

Maybe that helps?

-Collin-

dont get me wrong i love mushkin best company i ever delt with :) when i got these modules the first time i had a prob my nf7 didnt like them so i called tech support they were awsome i really liked diane dont know if shes still there she was great :)

gaut im at 3.38v to 3.4v

just checked ups my ocz value winbond are here will test after work if those run 1t then something happend to the ram if not then i guess cpu or mobo have a prob running 1t cause my mushkin ran fine on my nf7 at 229 1t with 3.15v

I suspect it's the motherboard. I am having the same problem at 1T with BH-5 memory. I just ordered OCZ DDR Booster from newegg. I need more volts for my hungry BH-5 to run high FSB with tight timings. I also recommend you change your timings to 2-3-2-6. Seems there is a flaw that will limit the vdimm to 2.7 not matter how high you set it to. I can confirm this as I was able to hit higher FSB with 2-3-2-6 vs 2-2-2-6.

You should be able to run 2-2-2-6 at 1T memory. I can run 250 X 10 at 2-2-2-6 1T with memory divider 166. This is with 1.41 Vcore. I have found if you set memory voltage to 2.85 at the CORE Cell, you can get the extra volts.

My superPI failed when I set Bios Vdimm to 2.85, but when I set 2.85 volts in Core, I get SuperPI 1M: 34 secs and 3DMark03: 12750 score with 400/1100 speeds. Give that a try.

NinjaZX6R said:
To be honest, my 2-2-2 special was the best set of ram I have ever owned. It did 272mhz at 2-2-2-5-1t. Yes, it took massive voltage (3.5v). If you want to use A64 tweaker....I made a guide to some recommended timings on the mushkin forum. Take a look and compare to what you are using now...

http://forums.mushkin.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1860

Maybe that helps?

-Collin-
:drool: :drool: :drool:
Seriously, you should not be having problems with the 2-2-2 special even my lvl ones will do DDR500.

i know this ram rocks i have my vdim in bios set to 2.85 and my booster says 3.4
i heard that when u set 2-2-2 timing and set vdimm to 2.85 it its actully 2.75 correct me if i read this in another thread wrong i have a k8n neo2 platnium.

spydeymon said:
i know this ram rocks i have my vdim in bios set to 2.85 and my booster says 3.4
i heard that when u set 2-2-2 timing and set vdimm to 2.85 it its actully 2.75 correct me if i read this in another thread wrong i have a k8n neo2 platnium.

You are correct with that statement (2-3-2). If you use your divider (166) you can go far with your ram. My DDR booster comes in tomorrow. I'll let you know how I did with it.

Spydey,

There is a big thread over at XS on this board and at the beginning there are a bunch of facts and figures type of listing. One of the things recommended is that BH5/6 seems to work better with the 1.36 or 1.37 BIOS. Have you tried any other versions besides your shipping? I'm still using my shipping BIOS 1.2 but it just loves original Winbond. It doesn't do real well with the UTT. It might be worth a try, since nothing else seems to be working.

Sniper.nkc said:
You are correct with that statement (2-3-2).

When you set your vdimm in bios to 2-2-2, no matter what the vdimm setting is (ie 2.60 ~ 2.85), you will always get 2.72 volts when OS loads. If you set memory to 2-3-3- or 2-3-2 or 2-2-3 in bios, then you will get what you set in bios. This is totally unreal!

I have confirm this with my multimeter. I also found the vdimm stays correct during post, which is good for memtest86. Please be aware it is ONLY when OS loads with tight timings (2-2-2) you will ALWAYS get 2.72 volts. This is an important finding because this leads to my conclusion that the CORE center is absolute must have tool to allow you to make vdimm change.

So the bottom line here is use the CORE CENTER to make Vdimm adjustments with 2-2-2 settings.

Back