• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What are your temps? I have seen posts from people whose case was HOT so they needed lots of cooling on their cpu- I run 2 cheapo fans on my sink, ducted through the side and get 46 to 49 under load. as long as your load temps are good, I'd think you're ok.

Is this your first overclocking adventure with AMD? what are you smiling about ARE YOU MAD MAN!? HIGHER! HIGHER! COOLER! MORE POWER! RAISE THAT VOLTAGE~!!!! i got to 1.1 with my Duron 850 (AMCA). now i'm just waiting for the new KT266A chipset to overclock cause i'm already at the highest multiplyer settings for this board (12.5) :D :D :D

I am now at 50c when full load...
not overclock...

if i do is around 55..

That, for one, is why i do watercooling. its ALWAYS better than air cooling. maybe your mobo is reading high temps? i mean 50c is a bit high for a stock duron with a nice heatsink like an SK6 you should be gettin' low 40's. are you using thermal paste?

nooo..
right now i am not using a Sk6 and a detla..

at 800.. i still got a 50c full load..
My Sk6 delta is shipping to me right now..:)

and while is in 50c full loaded my case cover is not on...

if its on around 52-3..

JoeCrappa said:
Is this your first overclocking adventure with AMD? what are you smiling about ARE YOU MAD MAN!? HIGHER! HIGHER! COOLER! MORE POWER! RAISE THAT VOLTAGE

I agree with the intent JoeCrappa but let's not beat anyone up with enthusiasim ok? As for results to compare read my sig. I did this at 39c under SETI load. I'm using a Volcano 6cu+, a duct, two 92mm fans, one ~45cfm and one ~25cfm, and rounded cables to increase air flow. If you duct your case you'll get better results than just leaving the door off because it's more controlled air flow. What kind of thermal substance are you using? Also what's your voltage and your board temp with the door on? Any extra case fans? What you've done so far is good but you could do more. That's why we're here. :)

Is the SK6 on the properly???

By now most members of the forum should go back to basics to find out whats wrong. And if the basics are right then there something slightly more technically wrong...

Asus boards have a problem with ready unusually high CPU temps and the super orbs don't cool anything so you have to know that the SK6 is a top quality cooler and must be a basic problem as to why the temps are soo high!!

Back